Sunday, March 23, 2008

More Lodging Thoughts

I wanted to add a quick note to the blog about another possible place to stay. I'm a big fan of supporting local businesses and the lodging options I've listed have all been local places and not national chains. However, there have been guests (my family mostly) who really prefer to stay at a place that they know well because they'd stayed at similar venues across the country. They were nervous about staying at places they didn't recognize.

So! They seem to have reasonable rates at the Hampton Inn in Plymouth. I hadn't even put them on the list when I was figuring out where to stay because they were $160 a night so not really a bargain, but rumor has it that you might be able to get a room closer to $115. I'll do my best to make a wedding block there which should help in this process. It's a few miles from the wedding but still close enough, and if you just like the oh so familiar chainy feeling, well, this is probably a very good option. You can give them a call and see what you get.

UPDATE: I spoke to them today and they really seem to be random about the prices they are giving out. You can give them a try but even with the wedding discount the lowest they would give me (unless you are staying more than 3 days) is $140.

No comments: